» Newest Member: debraxa2
Forum Threads
View Thread
Gamers Worlds » Gaming Platform » Xbox
 Print Thread
Xbox 360 Usb qestion?
Lynwood
Xbox 360 Usb qestion?
if i got a movie and put it on my usb will i be able to play that movie on the xbox 360 via usb

also what format movies can xbox 360 play

thanks

---------------------------

usb x360key x360 key x360 key usb

admin
Well, you can play movie on xbox 360 via USB. It's better to convert it into wmv format. Theres are some free software or if you have linux you can convert into wmv format better way.

Xbox 360 supports a variety of video formats, with playback quality dependent on the type of video you are attempting to play. Read through these specifications and tips to understand the capabilities of streaming media from your PC to your Xbox 360

Supported File Types
The Xbox 360 supports AVI, WMV, MPEG-4 Part 2, H.264 and QuickTime movie formats. The file extensions included are as follows: .avi, .divx, .wmv, .mp4, .m4v, .mp4v, and .mov.

Video Playback
For video files with the WMV container, playback occurs at 15 Mbps (Mega-Bytes Per Second) with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. Files with the H.264 container have the same resolution, but are played back at 10 Mbps. For AVI and MPEG-4 Part 2 video files, playback is 5 Mbps at 1280 x 720 resolution.

Audio Playback
The Xbox 360 supports WMA 7-9 and Lossless audio profiles for WMV video formats. Dolby Digital and MP3 profiles are supported in AVI formats. For MPEG-4 Part 2 and H.264 encoded videos, the console supports only two-channel AAC audio encoding.

Streaming Video
With Zune software, the Xbox 360 can stream unprotected AVI, MPEG-4 Part 2, H.264, and WMV video formats. Through Windows Media Player, protected and unprotected WMV videos can be streamed.

Streaming Tips
Download a third-party video codec package to expand the amount of video formats you can stream using the Windows Media Player. For better playback, convert video files into the more Mircosoft user-friendly WMV format using a third-party video conversion program.

suresh
Well, though many console able to play movies, I prefer to play them on LCD/LED tvs. Many television set now provide facility of USB and can play HD quality movies.

Share This Thread
Social Sharing: Delicious Facebook Google Live Reddit StumbleUpon Tweet This Yahoo
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:

Jump to Forum: